Houston: Zoo Boo 👻
The Houston Zoo invites you to its month-long Zoo Boo. Guests can wear their best costumes for Houston’s favorite Halloween event.
This year’s Zoo Boo features a few new experiences updated for the times. Guests can visit the Spooky Train Village, hear a short story from the Friendly Dragon, and take a spin on the Scary-Go-Round.
Throughout the Zoo, families will find a dozen Instagram-able photo opportunities to take the perfect Halloween portrait. Guests can enter a weekly digital costume contest when they tag their Zoo Boo photos using the hashtag #HoustonZoo.
The animals also will be joining in the fun! Every weekend in October the animals will receive special fall-themed enrichment including carved pumpkins and ice pops filled with their favorite treats.
All Zoo Boo activities are part of your general admission fee and are free for Zoo members. Tickets and reservations must be made online prior to attending the event.
Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, Zoo Boo will not include a pumpkin patch or Halloween candy giveaways this year.
Zoo Boo is a family-friendly event, and all costumes must be appropriate for ghouls of all ages. Adults are welcome to come in costume, but must be family-friendly and we must be able to see your eyes. The Houston Zoo reserves the right to deny entry in the event of an inappropriate costume.
Restricted items include but are not limited to:
- Toy weapons of any kind (swords, knives, galactic blasters, etc.)
- Fireworks of any kind
- Excessively gory or non-family friendly props or items
- Inflatable objects and costumes
The Houston Zoo cannot hold any items for guests at the Guest Relations Office. Please leave all unsecured or restricted items in your personal vehicle or at home.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Event DatesOctober 7, 2020, 9:00 am-November 1, 2020, 5:00 pm
- Whenever you get a hankering for a gourmet donut, Glazed The Doughnut Cafe has you covered. That’s because this popular spot is open 24 hours a day to satisfy even the most oddly timed craving. Their donut varieties range from maple bacon to crème brûlée to savory options like grilled cheese, and the café’s coffee and free WiFi make it Read more...
- With over 25 years’ experience in the industry, gallery owner, Laura Rathe, started her career working as a private art dealer before establishing Laura Rathe Fine Art (LRFA) in 1998 in Houston, Texas. LRFA now operates out of two locations in Houston and a third gallery in Dallas on Dragon Street, the city’s premiere arts district destination. Since the gallery’s Read more...
- Artisan: Lauren Lash Etsy: LaurenLashDesignsLLC Amazon Handmade: https://amzn.to/2ve27cA Growing up, if there was something I really wanted, my family taught me how to make it on my own. I credit my upbringing with helping me grow into the handmade artisan that I am today. When I recently got married, everything from my bachelorette veil to my sash was handmade by Read more...
- Crafting beer, pairing and serving food with our beer and having a few laughs along the way. Tap Room and kitchen open 7 days a week. Brewed with Texan heart and Australian soul. Artisan food menu, wine, views to downtown, outdoor patio and brewery tours. Full service dining throughout serving Australian and Local favorites. Various spaces available for private events Read more...