Initially, we started growing grapes next to our home in Austin, in 1999, as a hobby. Having no prior knowledge of grape growing or winemaking, we were free to explore that world with no preconceptions. We dug into the pursuit with all our energies and, as hobbyists, tried to figure out how to successfully grow grapes and make award-winning wine.
In addition to establishing an Estate vineyard, we built a state-of-the-art winery and barrel storage facility, which was inspired architecturally by an old traditional barn. We reside full time at the vineyard, with our five children, two dogs, three horses, and a host of other farm animals.
Since our first harvest in 2006, 75% of all the wines made at Perissos have been from Estate-grown fruit. The other 25% were grown by other Texas farmers.
Tasting fee:$15 Buy 3+ bottles of wine and your tasting fee is refunded.
Cheese and fruit plates are available for purchase to pair with your wine tasting. In addition, all wines sampled are a
Address: 7214 Park Rd 4 W Burnet Texas 78611 United States
Our Burnet Tasting Room and Hospitality Center is open! Taste, Sip and Relax in an 1883 historic setting. Enjoy 100% Texas-grown Wedding Oak wines in the members’ lounge, rooftop terrace and spacious patio. Plan on visiting all three of our unique tasting rooms – San Saba, Fredericksburg, and now, Burnet On The Square. Wedding Oak Winery produces Texas-grown wines, blending Read more...